Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means depositing and/or sharing certain content on a server hosted by a hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services used for different goals, so let's examine them. Thus, you can determine what you need, based on whether you'd like to set up a blog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by various providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are often supported by showing advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incongruous interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the workload between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a huge quantity of images with mates or acquaintances since the service is usually free. You will get a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to managing your mail addresses. Some providers offer hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to utilize as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to own a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, etc. At NeT4gains Web Hosting, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for particular web content only.